Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Wild Cat Comes In

Gracie, our wild cat, took a little trip to the vet last week to be spayed and get a rabies shot. She was a very good girl in the crate, which amazed me, as she threw a fit whenever I tried to bring her in the house! I picked her up the next day, and was told she had been in heat. Whew! Glad we went ahead with things. Due to her "condition" we were instructed to keep her in the house for 2 weeks. Ahhhh! She's wild!

Well, I am pleased to say that Gracie is now a happy little house cat. She shows no desire to run back out into the cold (wet) wild. I thought she would be freaked out in the house, but no....it's her new playground. She took right to her litterbox - how did she know what it was? She has only ever used the great outdoor clay of the mountains. But hey - I'm not complaining!

Gracie has also taken right to sleeping in the bed with us. She attacks our moving feet, then just cuddles right up. Now I have a dog AND a cat pushing me out of the bed! Zoey and Gracie have become great friends, although I do think that Zoey is a bit worried that she might lose even the tiniest piece of my heart and attention. I'm glad they get along!

Now the question will be....will she want to go back outside. We really wanted and in and out cat. Outside to catch and eat those little mousekins. I'm hoping she will enjoy returning to the outside for fun and frolic, and come inside when the weather is not so pleasant. Regardless, we love having this sweet fuzzy gray girl in our family.

No comments: