Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Well it's 2009 and it's gonna be fine! I know I haven't blogged since late October, but I have no real excuse. Just nothing of great importance to share I guess!

It's the beginning of another year and I am very curious to see where this year leads us. It's amazing how fast the years go by now. We saw some changes this year, Louie became our church administrator, I sold lots of soap, Josh is almost as tall as me and his voice is changing. We thought we were going to be grandparents, but Joel and Robin's first pregnancy ended at 6 weeks. Ups and downs, always. Life is like a see-saw.

I feel like 2009 will be a year with many forks in the road. Where would God have us? What should we be doing jobwise? Should we continue to homeschool, or is it time to give public school a shot? Ultimately we just have to seek God's face, and in doing so, we will never miss his will. Forks in the road don't scare me too much...I just wonder which direction will lead to the biggest blessing and best service to the Lord. I don't know that he is so all concerned with exactly what we do for living, just that we seek him in all we do.

I admit that I would like to see the Lord bless us financially this year. My goal is to be out of debt and in line for expanding my soap business. I like to listen to Dave Ramsey, and we're going to try to follow his baby steps this year - setting up an emergency fund, starting the debt payoff snowball, expanding the emergency fund, putting away for retirement, saving for Josh's college, being able to give. Ok, it's in writing - let's see what the year can bring!

I wish all of you a wonderful and prosperous new year. May you be both blessed and a blessing!

No comments: