Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Spring time...and missing my husband

Well, it's beginning to look like we might get some Springtime here before long. The daffodils are starting to bloom, and the willow tree is budding. On top of that, the sun is slowly making it's way back to the north, so we are catching some sunset colors. Soon we'll be able to see the full sunset! Funny, I lived in Florida, the land of incredible sunsets, for 46 years, and had to race to the beach to catch one. Now, living here in beautiful NC, I can sit on my deck (or even in my living room!) and see a beautiful sunset each evening for a good portion of the year. Bless the Lord!

So, speaking of NC, and being here, Louie, my loving man, is not. He is still in FL, but looks like he'll be headed home this weekend! Yeah! It's been just Josh and me (and the cat and dog) for a couple of weeks. We really miss him in the evening. He's usually at work during the day, so that's not so different, but the evenings and weekends are not the same without him! We all went to see Wild Hogs this weekend.....but separately...Josh & me, and Louie went with Joel, Robin and some friends. We laughed on the phone afterwards, but it would have been much more fun together!

Speaking of spring... Louie has to get back so he can till up the ground for our garden. Time to get those veggies and herbs growing again. If only weeds didn't grow too!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Well, it was Spring on Tuesday...and now Winter again on Saturday! I'm ready for the warm!!