Wednesday, October 29, 2008

And you thought I'd never post again!

Well, I am probably the worst blogger in the mountains. What can I say, I get busy and forget about keeping the internet world at large posted on my comings and goings. I hope you haven't missed me too badly!

Life is busy! Fall is here and the mountains are beautiful. We actually had our first snow on Tuesday morning. SNOW!!! It's not even Halloween yet! It was just a dusting, built up on the roof of the barn and on the tree stumps in the yard, but it was snow none the less. It's been chilly, and I am always cold now that I've lost my insulation. My coats are all too big...I've gotta hit a Goodwill or something and get some warm stuff to wear.

Since it's fall, the Leaf Lookers are all here, and that means it's Craft Show and Festival time! Yeah! I've been making soap, and making soap, and making soap! And then on the weekends I've been selling soap, and selling soap, and selling soap! It's fun, but hectic.

Well, Election Day is almost here. It's quite the amazing race! I will be voting for McCain/Palin, as I believe that the ProLife stand is important. There are things I like about McCain, and things I don't. I can say the same thing about Obama. I don't worry about the election though. I just do my part, and I figure that God will still be in control, and will have his hand on whoever ends up being our President. You may call me simple minded. I just believe what I believe. No apologies for that. Ok, enough about that. (Except to say that the SNL skits with Tina Fey as Sarah Palin are just too funny....)

Our church is going through a project called 40 Days of Love. It's been good, and it really makes you look at the relationships in your life and how they can all be better if we learn to love like Jesus loves. Sounds easy enough, right? Not always. This has made me really look at how I treat others - do I look for ways to help them? Do I really listen to them? Am I willing to speak the truth in love when necessary? Do I trust my loved ones? Do they trust me? Do I put their needs before my own? Do I try to love the unloveable? Hmmmmm.

I hope you are loved today!

No comments: